Finding the right activities for your troop can be a challenge. Erin describes her philosophy behind scout troop and service group parties that ROCK!
I have a lot of fond memories from the 12 years I spent as a Girl Scout, and aim to create fun memories for scouts of this generation. If there is a badge or patch I can help with, please let me know. Aside from just tie-dyeing, I can make time to discuss being an artist, my process, teaching art or questions about business. I can also talk with the kids about what I doing to keep my studio as green as possible.
We have had lots of scout troops and service groups tie-dye with us. You have options for how to structure your event. A few groups have held end-of-year parties, which is the same as the birthday party format. Other groups have had basic workshops. Below is information of the fun and exciting workshops we do, as well as what the parties are like!
We host parties both in our studio and at off-site locations. During our parties, the kids are guided through the process of making their own high-quality tie-dyed t-shirt. From folding to tying and dyeing, the kids learn it all. We use visual examples to show a variety of dye applications and styles. Then, they get to create and dye their own shirts from one of the different types of patterns they learned. The psychedelic t-shirts are packaged with care instructions for participants to take home.
We provide the 3 primary colors of tie-dying: fuchsia, turquoise, and yellow. From these three, a rainbow of colors can be created. We also provide our favorite fluorescent green! It’s no problem if you want to request different colors. Just contact us so we can discuss other options.
If you read the details of the party below, you may have noticed that I give scout and service groups a discount for each troop (price including the bandana) So, I have designed this fun workshop to thank you for your service and give you opportunities to give back to your community.
You have the opportunity to:
- Dye bandanas for Grateful Heads or Be the Sunshine
- Make handmade cards to accompany the bandanas
- Have a 20-minute clean-up competition (weather permitting we will take 20 minutes to clean up trash outside) #20minutecleanup
Basic Scout/Service Group Tie Dye Workshop Details
- Cost: $30 per participant (minimum 15 participants) This can include leaders, and siblings. 10-14 participants is $35pp. I ask for a minimum of 10 participants for private events.
- Duration: 2 hours
- What’s Included: service project opportunities, a minimum of 1 party attendant, setup, paint to put handprints on cards to take home, pre-washed and prepared t-shirt and a bandana (for the service project), gloves, aprons, professional-quality dyes, tie-dye instruction from an experienced tie-dye artist, cleanup. Shirts will be packaged with care instructions for each participant to take home.
- Optional Add-ons:
- This party includes basic design choices. If you prefer something more advanced, and the children are under the age of 11, there is an additional charge. It will require us to pre-fold the main design or shape onto their shirt. Even though the design is pre-folded, I will take time to demonstrate how I did the folding so that they understand why their shirt looks like it does, and so they will be able to navigate the folded shirt when applying the dye. If the participants are age 11 or older, we will need an additional hour of studio time for the participants to fold their shirts. This option for ages 11 and older is only available for groups of 10 or fewer participants and does cost an additional fee.
- Custom Screen printed design on the shirts: (prices vary)
- Tree Hugger: $0, See Sustainability page for details
Please note: These parties vary depending on the age and number of participants. Contact us so that we can customize this workshop to meet your group’s specific needs.
Price quotes for private parties and classes are good for up to 90 days. After that time, prices are subject to change without notice.